What is AESOP?
- Aesop is an automated service that will schedule subs for teachers automatically (if the absence is entered into Aesop before 7 am on the day of the absence.)
- You can create an absence either from a phone (up to 30 days in advance), online (up to a year in advance) or via your mobile device.
- You can choose "preferred substitutes" who will be contacted first (and in order) when you create an absence.
- A primary purpose of this new system is to monitor the number of hours our subs are working, across the district, to ensure we are in compliance with all government regulations.
- The Employee Quick Start Guide can be found here.
Links to helpful videos
Employee Basic Training (video) Our home screen and accessories may not look exactly like the video yet because we are not "live."
- How to log into Aesop
- The Home Page
- Creating an absence
- Viewing and editing personal information. If you need to change that number, you must contact HR (Cathy Dunning, ext. 9022.)
- Changing your PIN
- Where to find help resources
Managing Your Preferred Substitute List (written instructions)
Employee Advanced Training (video)
- Creating an absence in Advanced Mode
- Assigning a substitute to an absence NOTE: Teachers in our district are not allowed to "assign subs" so please disregard this part of the training.
- Cancelling absences
- Viewing the approval status of an absence
- Viewing absence history
- Attaching a file to an absence
- Checking your Absence Reason Balances
- Viewing the Substitute Directory
Using Aesop Mobile (video)
- www.m.aesoponline.com is the mobile website.
- How to view and create absences as well as see notificaitons and web alerts on your smart phone.
The system is not "live" yet. Please DO NOT enter absences into Aesop until you are told to do so (probably after January 1, 2015.)
Skyward will automatically direct you to Aesop when you enter an absence. Ignore that until the system goes "live." Subs will not be scheduled from Aesop till the system goes "live." Please continue to notify Ms. Randolph when you need a sub and when you enter an absence into Skyward.
What you can do now in Aesop is login, change your password to something you prefer, and set up your preferred substitute list.
Questions? Please call Cathy Dunning in HR (ext. 9022.)
- There is more than one way to get to the Aesop website. An easy address to remember is aesopeducation.com.
- If you want to call to create an absence, call 1-800-942-3767.
- Your "ID" is your phone number, including the area code. If you need to change that number, you must contact HR (Cathy Dunning, ext. 9022.
- When you create an absence, either via phone or computer, make sure you wait for a confirmation number to be sure your absence has been created.
- If you have a last minute absence (after 7 am the day of the absence), you must call the sub line and Mary Jane will fill the position. She will also fill any "unfilled" jobs that day.
- Remember that if you leave notes, lesson plans or other information (files) on Aesop system, your sub will only see them from home; our subs don't generally have computer access when they are on campus.
- Subs will be called two days before a scheduled absence. However, substitutes can go in and "grab" an absence before that. Only your 'preferred subs' can "grab" an absence.
- A teacher's preferred subs will be called first (in order.) If the job is still open, the system will then call the school's preferred subs. If the job is still open, Aesop will start calling the general district list.