Junior American Major Author Print Reference Books
Databases make citation easy! The databases listed on this page provide the MLA citattion for you, generally at the bottom of the article.
Many ebooks already provide the MLA citation for you, also. Look for "citation tool" or "citation informaiton" or something similar. Different ebook publishers do it differently; if you can't find the citation, ask your librarian for help.
Information on how to cite print resources is outlined in the Citing Specific Print Resources document attached here. Or you can acess the Purdue's Online Writing Lab for more help.
Some ebooks are just like the print copy; the information necessary to build a citation is available but it isn't in MLA format. In this case, treat the ebook like a print book until you come to medium of publication, which will be "web" intead of "print."
Find information and essays by consulting these sources:
1. Stand Alone Books - Check the catalog. Many of the books you will need are already pulled for you. However, you might not know what you need till you search the catalog.
2. Print Reference Books - These books have been pulled to a book cart for you. Start with Contemporary Literary Criticism (CLC) and then move on. Refer to Junior American Major Author Print Reference Books list to determine which reference material to look at next.
3. eBooks - Check this libguide's tab "ebooks" ow what we have available on the authors you've been reading.. Note: Gale Virtual Reference Library (also linked in the "Database" box below) contains even more ebooks.
4. Databases - The databases available here are collections of information that have been compiled specifically for you, the high school researcher. Check out the descriptions and database links on the "databases" tab.
5. Internet - Your last resort if you absolutely cannot find anything in any of the above sources. Please consult with your teacher and Mrs. Milloway, the librarian, before searching the internet.
Search Destiny - Look for Stand Alone Print Materials @ ORHS Library