Audio and eBooks @ ORHS Library Media Center
How do I access the library’s online audio books or eBooks from a computer?
1) Start at the ORHS wesbsite (highschool.ortn.edu=> Library => Destiny ) or click the Destiny icon on the desk top of a computer in the library.
2) Login to Destiny using your regular ORHS credentials. Teachers use their ORHS username and the special teacher password provided. See Mrs. Milloway if you don’t know what that is.
3) Search for materials.
- Search the Destiny catalog for a particular title or author if you know what you are looking for, OR
- Search for “digital audiobooks” or “ebooks” if you want to see a list of everything that is available in one of these formats, OR
- Click on “resource lists” on the left side of the screen and then “public lists” on the right side of the screen to access various lists of materials, including “digital audio books,” “ebooks for reading for fun” and “professional development.”
4) Click the “open” tab or the hyperlink that will take you to the online resource.
5) In most cases, you will not need an additional password at this point. If you do, try “elvis” or contact the librarian.
6) When you close book, it will automatically be put “back on the shelf” and be ready for the next person to read or listen to.
How do I access the library’s online audio books or eBooks from my “device”?
1) Download and install the “Brytewave K12” app.
2) Download the free “Destiny Quest” app.
2) When you are prompted for the library website, type in “library.ortn.edu”
3) Choose ORHS library.
4) Login to the catalog with your regular ORHS credentials. Teachers use their ORHS username and the special teacher password provided. See Mrs. Milloway if you don’t know what that is.
5) You can use the search box or browse “public lists” to find the book you want.
6) When you find a resource you want to open, click on “Additional Info” which will bring you to the “Electronic Resources” hyperlink that will open the book for you.
7) In most cases, you will not need an additional password at this point. If you do, try “elvis” or contact the librarian.
8) EBooks vary in format. Sometimes the book will open right away. In some cases you will need to select “Table of Contents” and then select the chapter you’d like to read. Chapter titles do not appear to by hyperlinked, but they are.
9) Most eBooks will bookmark your page so it is easy to continue where you left off. You can add a title to your “list” or a shelf on virtual bookshelf to make it even easier to come back to.